Sunday, September 11, 2011

Site Assignment Day!!

These last couple of weeks of training have been incredibly busy. Every day we go to San Vicente for lectures and etc. But this Thursday was the most important day of all, because it was Site Assignment Day!! To find out our sites, PC played a mean game with us. We were divided up into 2 teams and played Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Every person who got a question right got to pick a numbered star off the board, and read the back of that star, revealing a person’s name and where they were going. We then had to come up and place our stars on the huge map of El Salvador that covers one wall of our training room. I found out my site third. My site is actually really close to where we are right now – I will be in a caserio (tiny rural neighborhood) of Apastepeque, which is a pueblo like Tecoluca, but about an hour north. I’ll be about 30 minutes from San Vicente by pickup. My site is named Santa Paula; it has 425 people and a school of 220 kids. It is rural and located near the Pan-American Highway, so travel will be very easy. I am replacing a current volunteer named Alayna, who will be in the site for a couple of weeks to help transition me. 

At first I was a little bummed that my site is so close to the city and the training center. Now, however, I am very happy. I like the idea of being close to the city and the PC office if I ever need anything, and I really like the atmosphere of the city of San Vicente. It will be great to be able to get away to the city if I ever need to, even just for the day. 

Anyway, I have had a stomach infection of some sort, and I am feeling out of it, so this is the end of my post. But here is the wikipedia link to my municipality and some pics of our stars! 


before the big event

me!!

All the assignments - i'm the blue star smack in the middle

No comments:

Post a Comment