Monday, September 17, 2012

Water! Finally!

As those of you who read my blog semi-loyally may know, getting a new water tank is something I've been trying to help my community with basically since my arrival here in February. We've been back and forth with various NGOs, trying to find funding for a new water tank so that the whole community can receive potable water directly to their home.

A couple of weeks ago, the water committee informed me that they had gotten approximately 1/2 of all the materials they would need to build a new water tank donated by a branch of the Salvadoran government. This was great news, since finding sufficient funding for all the materials in one place was pretty daunting. Therefore, I started looking around for an NGO or some other organization that would be able to donate the rest of the funds (around $1000) so that we can complete the water project.

Well, this morning the committee broke ground on construction of their new water tank, and last night I received notice from an American NGO called Water Charity that they are going to support the other half of my water project!! While Water Charity is going to send me the funds immediately so that the committee can finish their construction project all at once, I need to get down on my knees and beg that all of you consider donating to this project (as they will need to re-stock their funds after sending me the money)!! Check out the website, read about the project, forward it to your family and friends, whatever you can do! Seriously every little bit counts, and I will be VERY appreciative. :)

Sunsulaca Water System

No comments:

Post a Comment