Thursday, February 21, 2013

Navidad






I spent Christmas in my community. The main festivities were pizza and Christmas cookie making in my host mom's adobe oven (sparkly sugar and cookie cutters courtesy of a wonderful care package from my mother) and then the community celebration on Christmas Eve (still not sure why it happens on the 24th and not the 25th, but I've given up asking). This included eating TONS of chicken sandwiches (french bread, fried chicken, vinegar cole slaw, salsa, beets, and hard boiled eggs...so delicious), and then the nativity play in which I made my acting debut as a mute angel (after toiling tireless all afternoon over my paper and cardboard wings). It was a fun, but very tiring, holiday.

maricela saucing 

my helpers
confused by cookie dough
festivities

waiting fort he goodies

cookies and pizza
the finished product!

toiling

the angels

i literally have no idea what theyre supposed to be

a very preggo mary

just me in my natural habitat


No comments:

Post a Comment